Tregenna Castle Resort blog
Tregenna X Tarquin Gin School
Here’s a little bit of background
Located on the South West coast, Tarquins Gin all began in 2012 when a 23-year-old chef from the Cordon Bleu in Paris, decided to pack his bags and pursue his dreams and passion to create. After years of hard work and testing, he established the first Cornish distillery in over 100 years, and the precise recipe was finalised and safely documented. It was then put under lock and key and told to no one else. Perfectly crafted on the wild Cornish coast, Tarquin’s gin is an award-winning creation.
What is the Tarquin Gin School
Tarquin have set up two different schools in Cornwall, one in Padstow and the other in St Ives. Both have amazing facilities where you can learn and master the skill of gin making. You’ll be able to choose your own selection of botanicals, fire up your own copper pot, and follow the same process Tarquin did over the years.
Your time at the school includes:
- Tarquin’s Gin and Tonics
- Tarquin’s Tasters
- 70cl custom-made gin to take home
- An introduction to Tarquin’s process and experiments
- An array of local, familiar and exotic botanicals for you to choose from to make your own gin in a mini copper pot still
- BYOB – Bring your own botanical! If you have something special, feel free to bring along something you’ve grown in the garden, or a favourite spice from your travels
- Label, Wax and Sign your own bottle with your individual tasting notes
- Approximate school runtime: 2-2.5 hours
We have been fortunate enough to partner with this amazing brand, and are able to offer a 20% discount for the Tarquin Gin school at St Ives for all guests that stay at Tregenna Castle. All you have to do is book your stay at Tregenna, ask a member of our staff for the discount code, and you’ll be ready to start creating the gin of your dreams.
You’ll find this pretty little cafe on the Hayle Nature Reserve with breathtaking views of the estuary all day long. Open seven days a week, this cafe has an ever bright airy vintage style and incredible scenery that’s ever changing with the tide.