Tregenna Castle Resort environmental policy
We're big on sustainability and care about our environment, our local people, and our future. Our goal is to be as eco-friendly as possible, support local suppliers and communities wherever we can, and make sure we are doing everything in our power to preserve the planet for future generations.
Over the last few years, we've introduced new initiatives across the resort and we are awarded with the Gold Green Tourism award for our commitment to sustainability.
How we're working towards a Tregreener future
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we have promised to:
- Invested over £1 million in combatting the energy crisis in 2023 and ensuring a greener future. This project is currently underway with stage 1 complete. The first stage was to install a 250 KW Solar Farm. This was successfully installed and completed on 2 May 2023. The second instalment now underway is the implementation of the CHP turbine will produce electricity at the same time as producing heat. The turbine will only be utilised at times of poor weather and at night-time when the solar power will not be working. The infrastructure is being put in place so that when the technology improves, we will be able to add batteries to store the solar energy and look to change the turbine with a hydrogen replacement.
- Communicate and display our environmental policy to all interested parties, including staff, guests, suppliers, contractors, appropriate authorities, local communities, and other organisations
- Source local produce within Cornwall
- Support local social community projects
- Continually improve our environmental performance in relation to its activities, products and services.
- For every tree removed, at least two more will be planted on the estate.
- Take all measures that are reasonably practicable to reduce waste at source
- Minimise waste by reusing and recycling furniture and soft furnishings wherever possible
- Recycle bottles, tins, cardboard, paper, copier toner, oil and strip lights
- Change plastic straws to biodegradable paper straws
- Demonstrate efficiency in the use of energy, water and natural resources through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the business.
- Prevent pollution and comply with all applicable environmental legislation.
- Encourage visitors not to flush inappropriate items.
- Dispose of final wastes by the most environmentally suitable means
- Encourage the use of public transport and encourage car drivers to leave their cars at the estate and advertise/encourage destinations within walking distance
- Continually improve our environmental performance
Before your stay, your accommodation/room will be serviced with Tersano - nature's most powerful cleaner. Tersano replaces traditional chemical cleaners, deodorisers and sanitisers and is proven to be 99.9% effective at eliminating enveloped viruses like Covid-19 within 60 seconds of contact time.
More information about Tersano SA024....
- Cuts chemical usage
- Reduces plastic waste
- Quickly kills viruses and bacteria including Covid-19
- Better for the environment - After 24 hours SA024 converts back to water and oxygen
- No more shipping bottles of chemicals from suppliers.
- No more single use plastic
- No more pouring chemicals down the drain
- Safer for our team and our guests. - No toxins, Carcinogens, chemical residue. Non - irritant, non caustic and no allergy concerns.
How you can help play a part
We all have a role to play in preserving our world for future generations. Here are just a few ways you can help us on our mission to go green:
You can make a difference by turning down the heating by just one degree.
Close the window if the heating is on.
Turn off the TV at the socket.
Turn off the kettle at the socket and only fill the water to the amount you need for a cuppa.
Turn off all appliances at the socket when not in use.
Only turn on the lights you need and turn off when you leave.
Leave the car
Give the car a rest and try walking - we're only a 10-minute walk from town. Or, try using public transport. If you need to make a trip in the car, try car sharing.
Try to recycle any waste or packaging by using our recyclable bins located next to our badminton courts near the main car park.
Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to other water-saving initiatives.
Please respect our area of natural beauty. Use designated footpaths and cycleways.
Help prevent the unnecessary washing of towels. If you leave your towels in the bath/shower, we will gladly change them. If you leave your towels on the rail, we'll know that you are happy to reuse them.
Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. All other items should be placed in the bathroom bin.
Please turn your lights out when you are not in the room to help conserve power. If using chargers or any other equipment, please turn these off when not in use to avoid using unnecessary electricity.