Guest Welcome Information
Important information about your stay
Before you arrive, please take time to read the information provided in this Welcome Pack. This will give you all the information you need to help plan your stay at Tregenna and St Ives.
Please be patient and kind to our team and other guests alike. We are here to help you to enjoy our services but please be kind, patient and understanding with the measures we, at Tregenna, local businesses and restaurants in St Ives continue to have in place.
Information for Hotel Guests
- Check in time is 15:00
- All hotel guests are to check in at the main hotel reception and a member of our team will be pleased to greet you where you will be given your key and any relevant information for your stay.
- We will be trying our hardest to have your room ready from 15:00, please bear with us if we are a little late.
House Keeping Services
- To ensure your comfort and safety, to reduce contact points, carbon footprint and water consumption, guests staying for more than one night will have their rooms cleaned every three days (This will be the day after the 3rd night). Extra amenities are provided in your room for your convenience. Contact us should you require additional housekeeping services.
- If staying in the hotel, please check out as usual at Reception.
Information for Self-Catering Guests
- Check in time is 16:00
- You will be advised via text message or email on the day of arrival when the property is available along with your key safe box code.
- We are continuing our successful remote check in process. Head straight to your property and you will find a key safe box next to the front door. Your code will be sent to you on the day of arrival, once your property is clean. This will be sent via text message or email so please ensure that we have a valid mobile number for you. Should your property require an alarm code, this will also be included within the text message.
- We will be trying our hardest to have your property ready from 16:00, please bear with us if we are a little late.
- Please use your phone within your property to call us on ‘0’ or 01736 795 254, option 0, to let us know you have arrived.
Castle Approach Signature - Arrival
- For our guests staying in the 4 & 5 bedroom Castle Approach properties, you receive the gate code along with the key box code via SMS on the day of arrival. Alternatively, we can provide a key fob for the gate however you will need to come to Reception in the hotel to obtain this. This will require a £20.00 refundable deposit along with a signature in and out.
House Keeping Services
- For self-catering guests, we include an initial supply of towels (for use within the property), toilet roll & tea/coffee amenities however as these are self-catered breaks, the following charges apply for additional items, as below:
- Bath Towels - £3.00 per towel
- Hand Towels - £1.50 per towel
- Tea Towels - £1.00 per towel
- Toilet Roll - £3.50 for a pack of 4
- Bin Bags - £5.00 for 5
- There will be a delivery charge of £5.00 per delivery. Please contact Reception if needed.
- We are unable to provide additional items such as dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, tea & coffee supplies etc.
- Alternatively, please plan ahead and bring extra items with you or if need be, save money as the nearest location to top up is at Tesco, less than 5 minutes away.
- Due to continuing acute staffing shortages, we are unable to offer mid-stay cleans. We do apologise for the inconvenience.
- When departing, please lock the property and leave your key back in the key safe where you originally found it.
- Please contact the hotel on 01736 795254, option 0 as soon as possible after departure so that we can task our housekeeping team with cleaning the property for the next guests.
General Information for all guests
Online Check In
- We have an online check in system in place. Please see main email.
What to expect when you arrive
We ask that all guests arrive at the main security entrance. This includes those arriving by transport other than car. A member of our super friendly team will greet you at the entrance and give you a resort map and details of where to go next.
Our resort map can be found on our website and this shows the location of each of our properties and amenities. We recommend wearing appropriate footwear on the woodland walk and path. The path is steep with a winding slope. Be aware; fallen leaves can cause the path to become slippery. If using the path after dark, we advise that additional light (ie torch or mobile phone light) is needed.
Car parking is available in the following areas (please refer to the map for the closest one to your property or the hotel);
- The car park situated before the tennis courts on the left
- Disabled parking is available at the front of the hotel along the perimeter of the front lawn
- The left-hand side of the driveway that runs along the side of the hotel
- Designated spaces allocated for occupants of specific Self-Catering and Holiday Homes properties
- The main car park situated at the rear of the hotel.
We are delighted to announce that our new restaurant Godrevy View and Olives Bar, are now open.
Olives (& Brunel Lounge for additional seating) is open between 10:00 to 23:00 for drinks with lunch being served between 12:00 and 16:00, Afternoon Tea served between 12:30 and 16:00 (prebooking essential) and a casual menu served between 18:00 and 20:45 (Last orders for food at 20:30)
Godrevy View is available for dinner, served from 18:00 with last orders at 20:45. Pre-booking is advised however we will try to accommodate walk-in reservations where possible.
Sunday Roast is available from 12:00 to 20:00 each Sunday.
Alternatively, we will have a takeaway menu available which will be available to collect from Olives. Just give us a call on 01736 791191 or 3024 (when checked in) and we will be happy to assist.
Please feel free to book your table for Lunch or Dinner in advance on the following link:
Dining Cancellations – Due to a large number of guests not arriving for their reservations and other guests being turned away, a charge of £10.00 per person will be applied to your room bill in the case of a no-show or late cancellation. Cancellations can be made up to 14:00 on each day without charge.
Please email email@example.com to confirm your cancellation.
Breakfast times are between 07:45 to 09:30 (Monday to Friday) and 08:00 to 10:00 (Saturday & Sunday) and we have reverted to the much loved, buffet service. We are taking timed bookings for breakfast so that numbers can be managed comfortably and so that no queuing occurs.
For those that don’t have breakfast included in their rate, breakfast costs £16.00 per adult and half price for children up to and including 15 years of age.
Maintenance Call Out Procedure
For any urgent maintenance issues, please call the Reception team and leave detail of the issue along with a contact phone number. A member of our maintenance team will then visit your room/property to endeavour to rectify the issue.
Resort Facilities – Available for hotel and self-catering residents
We offer 72 acres of woodland and open space right on your doorstep, perfect for exploring or enjoying a picnic or sunbathe on the grounds.
- We have 9 holes of the golf course are open for you to enjoy. There is an additional charge of £10.00 per person for using this facility. This is available during daylight hours.
- The indoor swimming pool and gym are open between 08:00 and 18:00 daily.
- Our seasonal outdoor swimming pool is open for the season between 08:30 and 17:30 however please be aware that it is scheduled to close from Monday 11th September. This is subject to change depending on the weather. To use the outdoor pool, please sign in at the Leisure Centre reception where you will be issued with wristbands. Guests are prohibited from allowing those without wristbands into the pool area. This is a facility only for our hotel/self-catering residents to enjoy and is limited by capacity. Anyone found without a wristband will be asked politely to leave.
- Please note the following: No Smoking or vaping is allowed. No glasswear is permitted in the pool or the surroundings. Plastic cups can be provided on request. No inflatables are allowed in either pool. Finally, swimming is at your own risk as these areas are not lifeguarded.
- Please note that we no longer have a sauna and steam room (as of March 2020).
- The outdoor Tennis courts are open and you can hire rackets and balls but we do encourage you bring your own if you can. These are available during daylight hours.
- Our Croquet lawn is available to use on a first come first serve basis and the equipment is available for free hire. Please contact reception.
- Table Tennis is located in the children’s play area or in the Badminton Court.
- The Badminton court can be booked on an hourly basis, please contact reception for details.
- Castle Beauty is open for treatments. It is available from Tuesday to Saturday inclusive between 09:00 to 17:00. It is closed on Sundays and Mondays. Please contact them direct on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- The Woodland Walk throughout the resort is always available, please ensure you wear appropriate footwear. Please be aware that there is no lighting on some areas of the Woodland Walk.
- We are delighted to offer a 10% discount off hire and single activity bookings with St Ives Surf School at both Porthmeor and Porthminster beaches. Simply visit https://www.stivessurfschool.co.uk/ to book and use TREG-10-OFF to receive the discount. You may be asked for proof of your stay at Tregenna.
Top Tips for a fantastic Holiday
- Pre-book all the things you would like to do before you arrive. New policies mean that most restaurants, attractions etc. are pre-book only and have a reduced number of customers at any one time. Don’t miss out on your favourite day out!
- We have a selection of board and card games for you to borrow during your stay. Please ask at Reception.
- Keep an eye out for our Events page on our website. This showcases events both in the hotel as well as locally along with things to do. (https://www.tregenna-castle.co.uk/events/ )
- Please remember to be kind to those working hard to provide a memorable holiday. We are trying not to have restrictions in place however there may be occasions, due to staff shortages, where we cannot offer everything that we would like to do so.
Although we hope that Covid is starting to be behind us, there have been and are continuing to be knock-on impacts on the way that we run the business. Like each of us in our daily lives we are seeing restrictions on the products that we can buy to run the resort and the staff that we can recruit and as a result there may be some implications during your stay with us.
The largest issue we have is staffing. Our purpose is hospitality and we always want to provide the best service we can. Currently we are be unable to offer a service such as servicing rooms simply because we do not have the level of personnel to do so. We are sorry that this is the case but we trust that you understand.
A Tregreener Future
At Tregenna Castle Resort, our goal is to be as eco-friendly as possible, and preserve the planet for future generations. Over the last few years, we’ve been making big changes and have introduced new initiatives across the Resort to reach our carbon zero goals. Our hard work is paying off and we are awarded with the Gold Green Tourism Award for our continued commitment to sustainability.
This year, we are investing over £1 million in combatting the energy crisis and ensuring a greener future. We have completed stage 1 which was to install a 250 KW solar system. Stage 2 is to renew the heating and electrical provision to the hotel by installing a combined heat and power (CHP) turbine, high efficiency condensing boilers and the infrastructure to make better use of our excess solar energy. At times of poor weather and at night-time when the solar is not working, the turbine will kick in to provide a steady 65kW of clean electricity and at the same time create heat which will be fully utilised in our heating and hot water system.
In order to achieve this, work will be carried out between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday until the end of September 2023 near the Courtyard Apartments and main rear car park. We apologise for any noise inconvenience during this time but hope you understand the reasons and benefits this will have for the environment going forward and for the future sustainability for our Resort as energy costs continue to rise dramatically.
Wifi Information – Tregenna Guest – Password is tregennaguest
Pedestrian Gate code for the gate at the bottom of the resort – 0144 (arrow)
Pedestrian Gate code for Belyars Lane - 3042
We hope that you have an enjoyable time using our facilities.